Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Being there

Just last week I attended a danish festival called Roskilde Festival. Being there gave me inspiration, so I wrote a little bit on my Ipod while I was there, mostly when I was waiting in line.


Roskilde Festival. Walking in the hot sunny morning(when i say morning i mean 12 o'clock) on my way to my camp, a little tired and a little drunk, with a caramelle latte in one hand and Orange Press in the other. The road is quiet, you can hear the music in the background; trumping, but it sounds far away, even though it's just down the road. The feeling of Roskilde is everywhere and you can't get enough of it. You can't help but like the nice people that have occupied the festival. Here I can greet a stranger like a friend and give hugs, because that stranger has lost his guitar.

It's the last day of Roskilde. The sun is burning hot. The grass has long gone, due to the rain, walking and wild drinking. I quitetly walk around by myself with my very last cigerette, enjoying the last moments of the festival. Reflecting over the experiences I've had the last week. How I had gaiend friends, becomed closer to them, and lost dreams. How we in our drunkness, late in the night had confided in each other about our everyday worrys and joys.



I wrote these two, while I was there. Feeling a feeling, that can only be felt there. Being more crazy, than normally allowed.

If you haven't been to a festival, by my opnion you should give it a try, because it's completly different adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment